Geothermal potential in oil and gas operations are widespread, particularly at lower temperatures (<150 °C). This presents a unique opportunity for oil and gas companies as it relates to non-productive assets. This includes high water cut, abandoned, and orphaned wells. As wells mature, more water is produced and geothermal provides an opportunity to address the economic performance of these wells.
This report dives into this further and answers the following questions:
- Status of Oil and Gas wells globally
- Why convert oil and gas wells for geothermal power?
- What are the core challenges?
- What are the main technologies being considered?
- Where has this been done successfully?
- Who are the major stakeholders?